Applies to HP-24, HP-26, and HP-27.
Starting with the rudder kit is a great way to get a head start on your HP kit and practice some composite assembly at a bargain price. The rudder kit is a subset of our regular tail kit; if you buy the rudder kit we will subtract its cost and parts from any later order for a tail kit.
The rudder kit contains:
- Right and left rudder skins (vacuum-molded Kevlar and fiberglass sandwich construction with PVC foam core)
- Upper and lower rudder hinge saddles
- Rudder drive bar (connects to rudder cables)
- Molded lead mass balance counterweight
- Tuned dipole VHF com antenna kit
- All hardware
- Fiberglass cloth and tape
- Epoxy resin and hardener
- Bonding paste fillers
- Assembly drawings and step-by-step instructions
To assemble your rudder, you:
- Install the rudder counterweight
- Fabricate and install the dipole radio antenna
- Install the upper and lower rudder hinge saddles
- Fabricate the lower rudder hinge drive bellcrank and hinge from aluminum (supplied)
- Bond the right and left rudder skins together
- Reinforce the rudder leading edge with one ply of fiberglass (supplied)
- Reprime and paint the rudder
Pricing and Availability
Current rudder kit price is $425 due at time of order; lead time 4 weeks. Email email@example.com to order.